Porcelain veneers, also referred to as dental veneers, are a custom-made shell, wafer thin made to cover the front of the teeth to enhance your smile. This procedure lasts longer and is more time-efficient. Veneers are built with strong ceramic elements and then bonded over the front of your teeth. With porcelain veneers, you can now have that wonderful smile that you have always wanted.
What kind of dental issues can they fix? Porcelain veneers are used to fix the following problems:
• Discolored Teeth – The stains from extreme fluoride or other conditions, the large resin fillings and root canal treatment.
• Cracked teeth
• Misaligned teeth
• Teeth with gaps
Preparing for dental veneers requires three visits with your dentist. The first one is for a consultation, next is to custom-make your veneers, and the last visit is intended for application. Here are the advantages of porcelain veneer treatment:
• They present a natural tooth look.
• The gums allow porcelain well.
• They are stain repellent.
• You can choose any porcelain veneer color, but often the dentist will match them to the color of your natural teeth so they blend in.
• It’s a moderate way to change a tooth’s shape and/or color. Porcelain veneers can also last anywhere from 5 to 10 years. After this time, the veneers will require replacement.
For more questions and inquiry about porcelain veneers, you can visit our clinic or call us to book an appointment with our experienced dentists.